Salonen: the finale
Esa-Pekka Salonen claims his place in Philharmonia history in his final concerts as Principal Conductor.
We welcome live audiences back to the Royal Festival Hall as we celebrate the end of Principal Conductor Esa-Pekka Salonen’s remarkable 13-year tenure. For his final two concerts at the helm of the Philharmonia, on 4 and 10 June, Esa-Pekka chooses music close to his heart and invites longtime collaborators and friends Yefim Bronfman and Mitsuko Uchida to join him on the stage.
The concerts will be filmed with a live audience and made available to watch on demand on 24 and 25 June.
Esa-Pekka Salonen – conductor
Mitsuko Uchida – piano
Benjamin Marquise Gilmore – violin
- Bach arr. Klemperer 'Bist du bei mir'
- Bach arr. Webern Ricercata 2 a 6 voci
- Bach arr. Berio Contrapunctus XIX
- Bach Prelude from Partita No. 3 in E major for solo violin BWV 1006.1
- Esa-Pekka Salonen Fog (World premiere, version for orchestra)
- Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 3