We regularly work with leading composers from Hollywood, Bollywood, Netflix, Amazon and beyond.
When reading the credits of recently released films you will often find that the music was recorded by the same Philharmonia players you can see on stage. We regularly work with well-known film composers for projects featured in cinemas and on streaming platforms, and have a huge list of film soundtrack credits to our name.
The Philharmonia’s experience in the studio, its ensemble and its flexibility to achieve the sound required by different composers are all part of what makes us the perfect movie soundtrack recording orchestra.
“The great thing about working with an orchestra like this is because they play together all the time, they sort of move as one. It brings a humanity and emotion to what they do. We used them for every episode, and when you’re that familiar you find yourself writing for certain players that you know will play a certain way.”
Steven Price, billboard.com (Our Planet, Netflix)
Recently recorded titles include:
- Our Planet (2019, Steve Price)
- Kursk (2018, Alexandre Desplat)
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018, James Newton Howard)
- Smurfs: The Lost Village (2017, Christopher Lennertz)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015, Brian Tyler)
- The Lady in the Van (2015, George Fenton)
- Rudhramadevi (2015, Ilaiyaraaja)
- Nightcrawler (2014, James Newton Howard)
- Fury (2014, Steven Price)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013, Brian Tyler)
- Elysium (2013, Ryan Amon)
- Iron Man 3 (2013, Brian Tyler)
- Great Expectations (2012, Richard Hartley)