American Patrons of the Philharmonia Foundation
Supporting a world-class British orchestra
The American Patrons of the Philharmonia Foundation support the Philharmonia Orchestra, a world-class British symphony orchestra led by Principal Conductor Santtu-Matias Rouvali. Membership supports the orchestra’s tours of the US and ambitious performance and education programs around the world, including at London’s Royal Festival Hall.
The Orchestra first performed in the United States in 1955. Six decades on, the Philharmonia is proud to tour the US on a regular basis – most recently in 2019 for a ten-concert tour of the East and West Coasts, including concerts in New York and Santa Barbara. A planned return to New York with Strauss’s Elektra in January 2021 was sadly cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic. The Philharmonia will return with a major East- and West-Coast tour in October 2025, marking the orchestra’s 80th birthday, and the 70th anniversary of its first US tour under Herbert von Karajan.
The Philharmonia Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Donations to the Philharmonia Foundation are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Music can cross borders and speak languages that draw people together with a common goal. The Philharmonia believes that access to the arts is fundamental to young people’s positive development as global citizens. A key part of the orchestra’s mission is to increase levels of diversity in classical music. Philharmonia programs such as Orchestra Unwrapped offer school children the opportunity to experience a live orchestra in a concert hall – often for the first time – creating the audience of the future and developing key skills that have positive effects in all core subjects.
The Philharmonia offers year-long Instrumental Fellowships that support individuals to become the next generation of world class musicians, with a core aim to identify and support people from diverse backgrounds that are underrepresented in classical music.
Patrons of the Foundation heard the world premiere performance of a new commission by Anna Clyne (Featured Composer, centre) at an exclusive Philharmonia recital reception at The River Club, New York, February 2022.
Membership of the American Patrons places you at the heart of the Philharmonia family, offering unparalleled access to one of the world’s great orchestras, wherever they are in the world. Join us. Get in touch using the details below.
Overture Patron: $1,500
- Invitation for you and a guest to the annual Philharmonia recital and cocktail reception in New York
- Invitations to special events in London and New York
- Access to specially curated Patrons’ trips and visits to London, and with the Orchestra on tour*
- Priority access to Philharmonia performances in the United States (subject to venue restrictions)
- Priority access to Philharmonia performances in London with complimentary access for you and a guest to pre- and post-concert receptions
- Monthly Philharmonia supporters’ newsletter
- Acknowledgement of your support as an American Patron online and in concert programs
The Philharmonia tour truck moving the Orchestra during an US tour in 1990 with Giuseppe Sinopoli to perform at Carnegie Hall, New York, Symphony Hall, Boston, and the Kennedy Centre, Washington D.C., among other venues.
Concerto Patron: $5,000
- All Overture Patron benefits
- Attendance at Philharmonia rehearsals in the United States (subject to venue availability)
- Four complimentary tickets for any concert in the Philharmonia Orchestra’s London season per year, including access to preconcert receptions.
- Opportunity to endow a Chair in the Orchestra, enjoy a direct association with a world-class musician and have your name directly associated with the position†
Symphony Patron: $10,000
- All Concerto Patron benefits
- Opportunity to endow a section in the Orchestra, enjoy a direct association with Section Leaders and have your name directly associated with the Section‡
- Opportunity for musicians from the Philharmonia to play at a private reception or dinner when performing at a nearby venue§
* Additional costs apply
† A minimum three-year commitment requested
‡ A minimum three-year commitment requested, and section endowment contributions vary
§ Subject to availability and additional cost
Get in touch to join us today
In the United States:
Philharmonia Foundation Board Administrator
917 690 1750
39 West 37th Street, Floor 12A
New York, NY 10018
In the UK:
Director of Development, Philharmonia
(0044) 07595 324 890