American Patrons of the Philharmonia Foundation
Joining the American Patrons of the Philharmonia Foundation is your opportunity to support our work across the United States, and to become part of our family of like-minded music lovers and philanthropists.
The Philharmonia’s relationship with the United States began with our first US tour in 1955, which included performances in Rhode Island, Michigan, New York, and at Yale University.
Six decades on, we are proud to tour to the US on a regular basis. In 2019, the Orchestra embarked on a 10-concert tour to the East and West Coasts, including concerts in New York and Santa Barbara. The New York Times described the Orchestra’s performance under the baton of Esa- Pekka Salonen at David Geffen Hall as “a wondrous creature to behold”.
In January 2021, the Orchestra plans to return to Lincoln Center with Esa-Pekka for two ambitious concerts including Richard Strauss’s monumental opera Elektra and Sibelius’s Symphony No. 2. This will provide an extraordinary moment in New York for the Philharmonia and Esa-Pekka during his final season as our Principal Conductor and Artistic Advisor.
Our American Patrons become part of our story and strengthen the relationship between our two countries. As an American Patron of the Philharmonia Foundation, you will receive personal attention and exclusive benefits in both the US and London which reflect the significance of your contribution. Pledge your support annually to allow us to plan our future with confidence.
The Philharmonia Foundation is a US section 501(c)(3) not for profit organization whose mission is to support the American activities, tours and programs of the Philharmonia Orchestra. Donations to the Foundation are deductible for US federal income tax purposes to the extent permitted under law.
Associate Patron $1,500
Visionary Patron $5,000
Luminary Patron $10,000
- Acknowledgement of your generosity on our website and in our London Season concert programmes
- Attendance at rehearsals in the US (subject to availability)
- Invitations to events with Philharmonia musicians held in the US when the Orchestra is on tour
- Invitations for you and a guest to key receptions and concerts at the Royal Festival Hall, London
- An additional four tickets for any concert in the Philharmonia Orchestra’s London season per annum, including access to the Members’ Lounge
- Invitations for you and a guest to an annual cocktail reception and recital in New York
- The opportunity for musicians from the Philharmonia to play at a private reception or dinner during a tour to a venue near you (*subject to availability and additional costs)
*Luminary level only
For further information and enquiries, please contact Jennifer Suggitt, Development Director, on +44 (0)20 7921 3920 or by email.