Our promise to you
The Philharmonia Orchestra is a registered charity No. 250277.
Our vision is that the Philharmonia Orchestra – both live and digitally – will have a transformative impact on the widest possible audience.
We rely on the generosity and support of private individuals like you through purchasing tickets, making donations, becoming a Friend of the Philharmonia or becoming a Conductors’ Circle member, to make this vision a reality.
You, our loyal audience members and supporters, are at the heart of the Philharmonia Orchestra. Every donation we receive, regardless of how big or small, makes a difference.
Without your support, every aspect of the Philharmonia’s works would be diminished beyond recognition.
Our Supporter Promise will tell you about how we work and what you can expect when you support us. Our aim is to communicate with you in an open and transparent way that makes you want to stay involved with us for as long as possible, as you see the value and impact of your support.
What you can expect
When you make a commitment to the Philharmonia, you can expect…
- To know that we are using your donation to create thrilling experiences in music, both live and digitally.
- To not feel under pressure to give more, or more frequently than you want.
- To know that we will keep your personal details safe and secure.
- To choose how we contact you and that you can change this at any time Login to account.
- We will be clear, honest and open.
- We will let you know how we are using your donation to help create thrilling experiences in music which have a transformative impact on the widest possible audience.
- We will administer your gift efficiently, putting it to work quickly.
- We will use your donation wisely and responsibly, and wherever practical respect your wishes if you would like to allocate your donation towards a particular area of our work.
- We will ensure that our fundraising is legal and follows best practice, following the Fundraising Regulator Code of Fundraising Practice as our minimum standard, complying with its Fundraising Promise.
Your personal data
- We will not disclose any of the information you give us beyond the Philharmonia and its partners under contract, i.e. Worldpay
- We will not share your data with any other organisations, except where you have explicitly opted in to receive communications from one of our partner venues (Southbank Centre or Bedford Corn Exchange).
- We will never sell your data for the purpose of marketing or fundraising.
- We will use your details in the way you have agreed to, and only tell you about things we think you may be interested in.
- If you tell us that you don’t want to be contacted in a certain way, about a certain area of our work, we will ensure that your request is honoured.
We welcome and actively encourage feedback and make it clear how you can get in touch with us. We regularly use feedback from our loyal supporters to improve and enhance our fundraising campaigns and the way we communicate with our audience.
Please contact our Development office on 020 7921 3903 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
If you are dissatisfied with us and would like to make a complaint we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and respond fully within 14 working days via your preferred method of contact.
Read the Philharmonia Complaints Policy here.